Purposes of the center shall be pursued by the following activities:
- Promoting international action-research projects, which enable comparative studies about the evolution of methods and instruments of circulation of the knowledge and, in particular, of the Mediterranean cultural heritage.
- Organizing the international congress about “Knowledge of the Mediterranean”, that will be yearly held in a place where is located one of the associated Bodies.
- Organizing seminars on specific subjects, where scholars and local actors could interchange their own knowledge and their own opinions;
- Implementing projects of high education postgraduate (such as master’s programs and PhDs), connected with the subjects related to the “Mediterranean knowledge”, with the participation of the national and international partners of the Centre.
- Hosting postgraduate students (PhD and post PhD), for the elaboration of their dissertations.
- Editing journals and essays, also by specific actions, in order to permit the useful results to reach local actors and decision makers
Study and research activities shall be wide and articulate, envisaging to realize international level products. The aim is to contribute, in an original, innovative and scientific way, to the progress of the state of the art and to promote a lead role for the University of Salerno in the international scenario of the research.
The Centre might provide services to public and private bodies by the drafting of specific agreements.
The Centre might join international, national and local projects, promoted by public and private bodies.