The economic ethics of Islam
Islam could provide an essential tool to the world to overcome the inequality: the Islamic finance, based on the ethical principles of Quran and Sunnah. According to these principles, indeed, the Islamic bank should aim to reduce poverty by easing the access to the credit system to the most disadvantaged people. In that way the development of people and countries would not pass through the satisfaction of material needs, which today are more and more growing, but through simplicity, solidarity and ethics.
Altwaijri, A.O. (2007). Lâ€™islam aujourdâ€™hui. Revue de lâ€™ISESCO (Islamic Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization , n. 24.
Arkoun,M. (2003). Comment concilier Islam et modernitÃ©, Le monde diplomatique, April
Arkoun, M. (2005). Humanisme et islam - combats et propositions. Paris: Vrin.
Arkoun, M. (2010). La question Ã©thique et juridique dans la pensÃ©e islamique Paris: Vrin.
BentounÃ¨s, K. (1998). Lâ€™Homme intÃ©rieur Ã la lumiÃ¨re du Coran. Paris: Albin Michel.
Ferjani, M.-C. (2005). Le politique et le religieux dans le champ islamique. Paris: Fayard.
Chapra, U. (2008). The Islamic Vision of Development in the Light of the Maqid al-Sharah. Jeddah: Islamic Research and Training Institute, Islamic Development Bank.
Geoffroy, E. (2009). Lâ€™islam sera spirituel ou ne sera plus. Paris: Seuil.
Ibn Khaldoun (1967). Al Muqaddima. Beyrouth: Commission internationale pour la traduction des chefs dâ€™Å“uvre.
IsraÃ«l G., Houziaux A., BentounÃ¨s K. (2004). Le Coran, JÃ©sus et le judaÃ¯sme. Paris: DesclÃ©e De Brouwer.
Rahnema M. (2003). Quand la misÃ¨re chasse la pauvretÃ©. Paris: Fayard/Actes Sud.
Thomas Aquinas (2014). Summa theologica. Bologna: ESD.
Authors who publish in this journal agree with the following points:
- The author(s) guarantee(s) that the article is original and it has not previously published and it has not been sent to other journals for consideration.
- The author(s) declare(s) that the work does not violate the copyright of third parties and assume the full personal and financial responsibility for any legal action which may be brought by third parties against the ICSR Mediterranean Knowledge
- The author(s) retain(s) the rights of the work and grant to the ICSR Mediterranean Knowledge the right to publish the work in digital edition with the licence Creative Commons Attribution Licence 4.0 (CC BY-NC-ND) or in any other form that the publisher considers opportune for the maximum dissemination. This attribution allows others to share the work, indicating the authorship and the initial publication in this journal.
- The authors can establish other arrangements with non-exclusive license to distribute the published version of the work (eg. deposit it in an institutional archive or publish it in a monograph), indicating that it was first published in the Journal of Mediterranean Knoweldge â€“ JMK.
- The author(s) can distribute the work online (eg. on their website) only after that it is published by the Journal of Mediterranean Knoweldge â€“ JMK (see The Effect of Open Access).