Beyond the Borders. The Mediterranean between Cultures, Migrations and Life-world
This book resulted from a rich collaboration between sociologists of different nationalities and reflects on Mediterranean as a strategic element to overcome the current crisis in Europe, becoming stimuli for the review of European policies and providing a solid foundation for the growth of a true European cultural heritage and knowledge, then passing it on to future generations. This book represent an attempt to go beyond the â€œboundariesâ€ and this means rethinking the current idea of Europe and the Mediterranean. The knowledge and cultural values of the Mediterranean can be the driving force to overcome the impasse of which Europe cannot free itself.
So, while some chapters strive to formulate more general categories, others deal with the concrete situated reality. We expect this reflection to produce a refreshing outlook on Mediterranean.
The book is organized into three part, which dialogue with each other: â€œMediterranean and Cultureâ€, â€œMediterranean and Migrationsâ€ and â€œMediterranean and Life-worldâ€.
Authors who publish in the book series Mediterranean, Knowledge, Culture and HeritageÂ agree with the following points:
- The author(s) guarantee(s) that the article is original and it has not previously published and it has not been sent to other book series for consideration.
- The author(s) declare(s) that the work does not violate the copyright of third parties and assume the full personal and financial responsibility for any legal action which may be brought by third parties against the ICSR Mediterranean Knowledge
- The author(s) retain(s) the rights of the work and grant to the ICSR Mediterranean Knowledge the right to publish the work in digital edition with the licence Creative Commons Attribution Licence 4.0 (CC BY-NC-ND) or in any other form that the publisher considers opportune for the maximum dissemination. This attribution allows others to share the work, indicating the authorship and the initial publication in this Working Paper Series.
- The authors can establish other arrangements with non-exclusive license to distribute the published version of the work (eg. deposit it in an institutional archive or publish it in a monograph), indicating that it was first published in the book series Mediterranean, Knowledge, Culture and HeritageÂ of the ICSR Mediterranean Knowledge
- The author(s) can distribute the work online (eg. on their website) only after that it is published in the book series Mediterranean, Knowledge, Culture and HeritageÂ (see The Effect of Open Access).