University-industry partnership. A key to Sustainable Development in Algeria: â€œReturn to an experienceâ€
Nowadays, the economics and social changes that the world is undergoing lead the organizations to adapt their strategies, to cope with the reality of this unstable environment. Due to this, the companies have realized that the achievement of objectives no longer depends on the acquisition of new technologies solely, but by the combination between research and companies which has become a real need to promote economic and social development.
This paper presents an experience of conducting a research in an Algerian company that tries to implement a competency-based pay system in her strategy. This experience allowed us, to mobilize investigative techniques in order to apprehend and to answer the questions raised in our research.
In the paper we will discuss how the survey was conducted in the company, what research techniques were used, the importance of applying the results of the study, and the need to establish a partnership between the universities and the economic institutions to achieve the sustainable development.
Bouziane, R. (2010). The reality of partnership between universities and economic institutions in Algeria. Journal of economic sciences, 3/4, 89-105.
Brundtland Report (1987). World Commission on Environment and Development. WCED: Notre avenir Ã tous.
Fellag, H. (2005). Pour un partenariat actif entre lâ€™universitÃ© et lâ€™entreprise. Revue Campus, 0, 7-8.
Mahmoud, Y. (2008). Arab Universities Crisis. El Manhal : United Arab Emirates.
Olivier de Sardan, J-P. (1995). La politique du terrain : Sur la production des don-nÃ©es en anthropologie. La revue EnquÃªte, anthropologie, histoire, sociologie, 1, 71-109.
Office National des Statistiques-ONS (Avril, 2017). Algeria.
Paugam, S. (2008). La pratique de la sociologie. Paris : Presses Universitaires de France.
Rakad, S. (2017). Application of the Quality System in Algerian Higher Education Institutions: Perspectives and Obstacles. The Arabic journal for the quality of university education, 10(30), 90-102.
Ramaoun, H. (1998). Lâ€™UniversitÃ© comme produit de lâ€™histoire et enjeu institution-nel : Le cas de lâ€™AlgÃ©rie et du Monde arabe, insaniyat. Revue algÃ©rienne dâ€™anthropologie, et de sciences sociales, 6, 51-63.
The World Bank (2016). Algeriaâ€™s Economic Outlook-Spring 2016. Washington: The World Bank Group.
Zorguane, L. (2012). RÃ©forme de l'enseignement supÃ©rieur actuel LMD et les problÃ¨mes de l'universitÃ© algÃ©rienne. Revue des sciences sociales, 16, 02.
Authors who publish in this Working Papers Series agree with the following points:
- The author(s) guarantee(s) that the article is original and it has not previously published and it has not been sent to other series for consideration.
- The author(s) declare(s) that the work does not violate the copyright of third parties and assume the full personal and financial responsibility for any legal action which may be brought by third parties against the ICSR Mediterranean Knowledge
- The author(s) retain(s) the rights of the work and grant to the ICSR Mediterranean Knowledge the right to publish the work in digital edition with the licence Creative Commons Attribution Licence 4.0 (CC BY-NC-ND) or in any other form that the publisher considers opportune for the maximum dissemination. This attribution allows others to share the work, indicating the authorship and the initial publication in this Working Paper Series.
- The authors can establish other arrangements with non-exclusive license to distribute the published version of the work (eg. deposit it in an institutional archive or publish it in a monograph), indicating that it was first published in Working Papers Series of the ICSR Mediterranean Knowledge
- The author(s) can distribute the work online (eg. on their website) only after that it is published by the Working Papers Series of the ICSR Mediterranean Knowledge (see The Effect of Open Access).