Focus and Scope
The Book Series Mediterranean, Knowledge, Culture, Heritage publishes books of individual scholars and collective volumes related to history, society and culture of the Mediterranean Basin.
Manuscripts are accepted in English, French, Italian, Spanish.
Peer Review Process
The book series Mediterranean, Knowledge, Culture and Heritage uses the double-blind peer review process: both the reviewer and author identities are concealed throughout the review process. Two anonymous review sheets are sent to the Author for the final adjustments. In case of conflicting evaluations, the book is sent to a third reviewer for the definitive decision.
The editors will communicate the decision to the authors within 60 days from submission and will provide them with the review reports sent by referees.
Open Access Policy
The book series provides immediate open access to its content, on the principle that making a research freely available to the public eases a greater global exchange of knowledge.
The book series is published under a Creative Commons Attribution Licence 4.0 (CC BY-NC-ND). The licence allows anyone to download, reuse, re-print, distribute and /or copy the final version of the books, provided that each book is properly attributed to its author(s). Any commercial use is prohibited.
Authors retain the copyrights, but, in case of publication of his/her book with other publishers, the previous publication in this book series must be reported.
(APC) Article and submissions processing
The book series does not require article processing charges APC.
Plagiarism will be checked with apposite software. Self-plagiarism, i.e. re-using his/her own study without citing the source, is never allowed. Authors responsible for plagiarism will be banned from publishing in this book series and in the other publications of the ICSR Mediterranean Knowledge.
Authors who publish in the book series Mediterranean, Knowledge, Culture and Heritage agree with the following points:
- The author(s) guarantee(s) that the book is original and that it has not previously been published nor sent to other publishers for consideration.
- The author(s) declare(s) that the book does not violate the copyright of third parties and assume(s) the full personal and financial responsibility for any legal action which may be brought by third parties against the ICSR Mediterranean Knowledge
- The author(s) retain(s) the rights. The ICSR Mediterranean Knowledge is allowed to publish the book in digital edition with licence Creative Commons Attribution Licence 4.0 (CC BY-NC-ND) or in any other form that the publisher considers opportune. The Licence allows others to share the work, provided that they indicate the authorship and the initial publication in this Book Series.
- The authors can establish arrangements with non-exclusive license to distribute the published version of the book (eg. deposit it in an institutional archive), indicating that it was first published in the book series Mediterranean, Knowledge, Culture and Heritage.
- The author(s) can distribute the book online (eg. on their website) only after that it is published in the book series Mediterranean, Knowledge, Culture and Heritage (see The Effect of Open Access).