Focus and Scope
Journal of Mediterranean Knowledge-JMK is a bi-annual journal that promotes theoretical and empirical debates in the fields human and social sciences, with a multidisciplinary approach. The whole area of human and social sciences (history, philosophy, sociology, anthropology, communication, philology, history of art, etc.), as well as the economic-legal field (economy, law, information sciences, etc.), are involved.
More to the point, JMK is a permanent forumforum on history, society and culture of the Mediterranean Basin, as well as on its relations with the rest of the world. Research results are expected to have impact on political decisions, on the processes of change and development, as well as on the integration of theories and paradigms.
Journal of Mediterranean Knowledgeis articulated in the following sections:
- Themes and perspectives
- Comments and debates
- Reviews and reports
Themes and perspectives proposes original articoles about topics and issues related to a specific keyword, different for each issue. Essays could be solicited (invited contributions) or selected through calls for papers.
Comments and debates proposes studies on individual experiences, mainly aimed to compare different territorial areas on specific sectors of knowledge, and papers on “hot topics”, related to the current debates.
Review and reports proposes books reviews, reports of conferences and congresses, workshops, assessments of ongoing studies.
Peer Review Process
Journal of Mediterranean Knoweldge - JMK uses the double-blind peer review process: the identitied of both reviewers and author(s) are concealed throughout the review process. Two anonymous review sheets are sent to the Author for final adjustments. In case of conflicting evaluations, the article is sent to a third reviewer for the definitive decision.
The editors will communicate the decision to the authors within 60 days from submission and will provide them with the review reports sent by referees.
Open Access Policy
JMK provides immediate open access to its content, based on the principle that making research results freely available to the public eases the exchange of knowledge.
The journal is published under a Creative Commons Attribution Licence 4.0 (CC BY-NC-ND). The licence allows anyone to download, reuse, re-print, distribute and /or copy the final version of the papers, provided that each article is properly attributed to its author(s). Any commercial use is prohibited.
Authors retain the copyrights, but, in case of publication of his/her article in other places, the previous publication in this journal must be reported.
(APC) Article and submissions processing
Journal of Mediterranean Knoweldge-JMK does not require article processing charges APC.
Plagiarism will be checked with apposite software. Self-plagiarism, i.e. re-using his/her own study without citing the source, is never allowed. Authors responsible for plagiarism will be banned from publishing in the Journal of Mediterranean Knowledge and in the other publications of the ICSR Mediterranean Knowledge.
Authors who publish in this journal agree with the following points:
- The author(s) guarantee(s) that the article is original and that it has not previously published nor sent to other journals for consideration.
- The author(s) declare(s) that the article does not violate the copyright of third parties and assume(s) the full personal and financial responsibility for any legal action which may be brought by third parties against the ICSR Mediterranean Knowledge
- The author(s) retain(s) the rights of the article. The ICSR Mediterranean Knowledge is allowed to publish it in digital edition with licence Creative Commons Attribution Licence 4.0 (CC BY-NC-ND) or in any other form that the publisher considers opportune. The licence allows others to share the article, provided that the authorship and the initial publication in this journal are reported.
- The author(s) can establish arrangements with non-exclusive license to distribute the published version of the article (eg. deposit it in an institutional archive or publish it in a monograph), indicating that it was first published in the Journal of Mediterranean Knoweldge.
- The author(s) can distribute the work online (eg. on their website) only after that it is published by the Journal of Mediterranean Knoweldge (see The Effect of Open Access).