Focus and Scope
The Working Papers Series publishes results of ongoing studies, aiming at providing the first outcomes of research and allowing the scientific community to discuss them, as well as contributions on specific topics related to the Mediterranean Basin.
Manuscripts are accepted in English, French, Italian, Spanish.
Peer Review Process
The Working Papers Series of the ICSR Mediterranean Knowledge uses the double-blind peer review process: the identities of reviewers and author are concealed throughout the review process. Two anonymous review sheets are sent to the Author for the final adjustments. In case of conflicting evaluations, the article is sent to a third reviewer for the definitive decision.
The editors will communicate the decisions to the authors within 60 days from submission and will provide them with the review reports sent by referees.
Open Access Policy
The Series provides immediate open access to its content, on the principle that making a research freely available to the public eases the exchange of knowledge.
The Series is published under a Creative Commons Attribution Licence 4.0 (CC BY-NC-ND). The licence allows anyone to download, reuse, re-print, distribute and /or copy the final version of the papers, provided that each article is properly attributed to its author(s). Any commercial use is prohibited.
Authors retain the copyrights, but, in case of publication of his/her article in other places, the previous publication in this Series must be reported.
(APC) Article and submissions processing
The Working Papers Series does not require article processing charges APC.
Plagiarism will be checked with apposite software. Self-plagiarism, i.e. re-using his/her own study without citing the source, is never allowed. Authors responsible for plagiarism will be banned from publishing in the Working Papers Series and in the other publications of the ICSR Mediterranean Knowledge.
Authors who publish in this Working Papers Series agree with the following points:
- The author(s) guarantee(s) that the article is original and that it has not been previously published nor sent to other series for consideration.
- The author(s) declare(s) that the article does not violate the copyright of third parties and assume(s) the full personal and financial responsibility for any legal action which may be brought by third parties against the ICSR Mediterranean Knowledge
- The author(s) retain(s) the rights. The ICSR Mediterranean Knowledge is allowed to publish the work in digital edition with the licence Creative Commons Attribution Licence 4.0 (CC BY-NC-ND) or in any other form that the publisher considers opportune. The licence allows others to share the work, provided that the authorship and the initial publication in this Working Paper Series are reported.
- The authors can establish other arrangements with non-exclusive license to distribute the published version of the article (eg. deposit it in an institutional archive or publish it in a monograph), indicating that it was first published in the Working Papers Series of the ICSR Mediterranean Knowledge
- The author(s) can distribute the article online (eg. on their website) only after that it is published by the Working Papers Series (see The Effect of Open Access).